Mindfulness and the Brain Video Available
The Down to a Science Cafe blog has posted a follow-up to the Mindfulness and the Brain presentation that I posted about last week.
They have put up video recordings of the entire presentation by Dr. Phillippe Goldin, which you can get here. The video is also broken up into twelve pieces, which have been put up on Youtube here. I have the first one of the twelve embedded below:
Dr. Goldin also made a number of PDFs available of suggested articles. He mentioned during the presentation that he was going to do this. These are:
- Article from Science Magazine on meeting of buddhist monks and neuroscientists
- Australian Journal Review Paper on Mindfulness Psychotherapies
- Overview of Mindfulness from Journal of Clinical Psychology
- Short Paper on Emotion Regulation
- Paper on Suicide Prevention using Mindfulness
I encourage people interested in the current research on meditation techniques, therapy, and neuroscience (and their intersection) to take a look at the articles and to watch the video (if you haven’t already heard the podcast). The video has the advantage of showing Dr. Goldin’s slides.